121 E Lake Street Fort Collins, CO 80524
(206) 819-0496 | email@example.com
- Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO
- Double Major
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, 2018
- Bachelor of Science, Human Centered Applied Computing Technologies, 2018
- GPA: 3.986
- Git, GitHub, Agile, Scrum, Test Driven Development, Travis CI, Maven, Eclipse, Unix, MySQL, SQLite
- Writes concise, clear, and efficient emails. I practice this skill in my role as fraternity president.
- Strong leadership skills from leading my fraternity and executive board. I take charge by leading the chapter to develop a vision, strategy, and SMART goals.
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage various tasks and prioritize effectively. Developed through a full-time course load, research position, and fraternity leadership.
- Communication skills from customer service role at Nordstrom and from working with external stakeholders (alumni, parents, and the CSU Greek community) as fraternity president.
Sigma Nu Fraternity, Fort Collins, CO – Eminent Commander,
- Delegate responsibilities to respective chairs and committees by determining which tasks are pertinent to chapter success.
- Manage the Executive Board by leading goal setting sessions, setting deadlines, and adapting our chapter’s calendar.
- Lead Chapter Meetings using parliamentary procedures.
- Coordinate Executive Team to produce deliverable reports of chapter progress and meet deliverable deadline.
- Motivate members to participate in meaningful service and philanthropy activities.
- Recruit members to live in the chapter house and works with the alumni housing board to protect long term chapter goals.
Research Group, Fort Collins, CO – Research Assistant/Programmer,
2017 January – May
- Debug research software used to determine how research participants manage uncertainty.
- Work with other team members to refactor the project and develop models for requirement management, set up tools for configuration management, and maintain project integrity.
Nordstrom Bellevue Square, Bellevue, WA – Styling Support,
Summer and Winter 2016
- Practiced excellent customer service skills like responding punctually to complaints or keeping open and honest communication.
- Promptly and effectively communicated with managers, customers, and team members to resolve customer’s issues and help improve the team’s process.
- Worked with independence by updating my manager on tasks completed and in progress. Stayed on task when working independently in multiple departments and asked for help when necessary.